webpage currently under construction. in the meantime, here's some links, burunya:
• <click me to get a meow>
• <click me to visit my commissions queue and roster>
• <click me to visit my art tumblr page>
• <click me to visit my personal tumblr page>
• <click me to visit my main twitter page>
• <click me to visit my side twitter page>
• <click me to visit my personal twitter page>
• <click me to purchase my digital art brushes (for procreate only!)>
• <click me to visit my github>
• <click me to visit my patreon (subscribe to see "spicy" art that isn't posted on main, wips, extra stuff, etc)>
• <(violin starts playing) spaire chainge...if you have a minuite (i am a thin, starving girl with a tummy ulcer from not eating!!)>
• <NEW - as of august 16th 2022, I have created a twitch and sometimes I stream art here!! Make sure to follow me to get pinged when I stream.>
I streamed a little on twitch today and realized I haven't posted about my twitch channel on here. I created a twitch channel for streaming art live! My twitch channel is wcroachie in case anyone is interested in viewing. Twitch is different than youtube and apparentely subscribing means a different thing than following someone, so for now I want to encourage people to follow me there to get an alert for times when I stream to catch me there (also I am not entirely sure what subscribing on twitch is or how exactly you are to make money, and i am not ready to try to make money with it just yet. I don't really stream often enough for this). I usually just draw and play music in the background and sometimes casually converse with my watchers so you get to hear my voice lol (⁄ ⁄•⁄∀⁄•⁄ ⁄)⁄ᵉᵉᵏ
ANYways. if my vod seems nice and i am confident enough, I really wanna see if i can host vods here on neocities until i am verified for twitch because apparentely i am not allowed to upload vods there yet, i need to be confirmed. I will see if i can get the file size down so it is both small enough to host on here and watchable without being too muddy looking. i will now work on making another page to put the video on and I will edit this post to link to it once it is ready and once i have the video uploaded and playable. the good thing is that HTML5 makes this so much easier since every browser now has a built-in media player instead of having to choose.
So, todays stream was fun and it is a lot more entertaining for me and is nicer than drawing alone, because if I spend too much time by myself I get sad. Thank you to those who came to chat, it was fun and I definitely intend to do it again because it felt good.
click here to visit my faq
going to add a few links down here as i continue to work on this website.
• <click here to enter the "client portal">, basically this is sort of a sub-directory of my website that contains a folder for each of my clients, in which you may find full res commissioned work i did for them. because i have done hundreds of commissions, it would be a huge undertaking and would require a lot of time, so i am going to start hosting copies of art PNGs here going forward starting on aug 4 2022 and i shall try to update this as often as i am able.
• click here to enter the "resources" portal - a place where i will store some artistic resources for my friends.
• <click here to run an early wip demo of my game engine in your browser>
• <click me to emulate a modem>
• <click me to "scrungify" an image>
• <click me to download a 100 GB file of random garbage data>
• <click me for a scary experience for chrome users>
• <click me to make this page have a creepypasta moment>
• my name is Zoe, short for Zoya.
• i was born in 1997.
• some nerds think everyone on the internet is a dude, so I must clarify I am a gal and please refer to me as such.
• on that note, please do not send me weird emails asking to see my feet!
• i like heisei era Otaku culture, creepypasta, video games, and anime
• currently inspired by digipaint anime artstyle and the works of Q Hayashida, Yoshitoshi Abe, Ryoko Kui, Shuzo Oshimi, Bengus, Ryohei Fuke, and Koshi Rikdo, among others. currently savoring steins;gate 0 (i love the first anime, it's literally my favorite anime) and when i get through my commissions queue when i have more spare time i really want to get my hands on the actual game and play it. My heart melts for artstyles with a mixture of the markmaking of traditional art combined with digital tools and some styles that may be considered unconventional; there are things you can't do digitally that you can do traditionally and there are things you can do digitally that you can't do traditionally and i love using both media and this goes beyond utilitarian purposes and extends to aesthetics and i love finding art that uses both and strive to combine both in my artstyle, experimenting with both digital and traditional forms so that they compliment each other in new and pleasing ways.
• "Roachie" is my internet nickname and is the name of my fursona. She is a combination of a cockroach and a cat.
• i was a freeter until the corona virus outbreak began. then the place i worked at shut down and like any living creature, i was forced to adapt and make money with my art to stay afloat; currently i draw for a living because i enjoy it much more than dealing with the general public and it's literally the only thing that i'm competent at!
* * *
misc thoughts on stuff
~~~ thot numero 1 ~~~
• there are 3 main reasons i maintain a presence on the interwebs: 1) communication 2) brain and 3) sustenance.
* 1) communication • i use the internet to communicate with 99% of the people i interact with on a daily basis. this includes friends, clients, et cetera.
* 2) brain • i use the internet to expand my brain. entertainment is expanding knowledge and knowledge is entertainment, knowledge and wisdom is understanding the human condition and growing and being passionate about things. i come here to research the things i enjoy, that make life living worthwhile.
* 3) sustenance • as a fleshy bag of meat with a time limit of function that must maintain homeostasis, i must construct my personal little maslow's heirarchy of needs in order to maintain reasons 1 and 2. food, drink, shelter, sleep, etc all require money. to make money i must work. the thing i am good at is drawing. i use this skill to work and make money to eat and sleep and drink and live without falling apart. i use the internet to communicate with friends about things that makes my brain happy and work makes my brain happy so i find clients this way. see? all three tie together.
~~~ thot numero 2 ~~~
• i loathe corporate shilling/brands/etc etc. i dont really want to work for anyone at the moment unless they are a friend of mine. i intend to run my personal business as but a humble craftsperson not unlike a mesopotamian potter in order to support me and not much more than that. i do not have any big dreams but i have small ones. i just wanna feel anything before i'm done. leave me alone, i just wanna have control of my life, i just wanna get off, feel safe, and die, yknow?